Car Accident Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you sustained injuries in a car accident, you may want to get in touch with a car accident lawyer Anaheim, CA residents rely on. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you hold the right parties accountable and protect your rights.
Should You File a Car Accident Lawsuit?
After sustaining injuries in a car accident, it’s important to speak with an experienced Anaheim, CA car accident lawyer before making any assumptions about whether it is – or isn’t – in your best interests to pursue legal action at this time. At JSM Injury Firm APC, we don’t “sell our services” to accident injury victims. We provide pressure-free legal consultations so that injury victims can learn about their rights and options in ways that are informed, objective, and empowering. If we believe that you have a strong case, we’ll tell you so. If we believe that you’re unlikely to receive compensation in an amount that makes pursuing legal action worth your time, we’ll tell you that too.
The primary considerations you’ll need to ponder when determining whether you should file a car accident lawsuit are the relative strengths/weaknesses of your case and the potential value of damages that you could be awarded as a result of the harm you’ve suffered. You don’t need to know the details of either of these realities before scheduling a consultation with our firm’s Anaheim car accident lawyer team. In fact, a big part of our job involves investigating injurious circumstances and assessing evidence so that we can make objective evaluations related to both of these big issues on behalf of our prospective clients.
The Strengths/Weaknesses of Your Case
Before a personal injury case can lead to a significant compensation award, a plaintiff must generally prove three critically important legal elements. First, they must be able to prove that any given named defendant owed them a duty of care under the law. Second, they must be able to prove that the defendant engaged in negligent, reckless, or intentionally dangerous conduct. Third, they must be able to prove that the defendant’s conduct directly caused their harm.
It’s going to be important that you have enough evidence to strongly support each of these legal elements, otherwise it will be unlikely that your case will succeed on its merits. Therefore, the dedicated legal team at JSM Injury Firm APC will thoroughly and objectively assess your circumstances to weigh both the relative strengths and weaknesses of your case so that you can determine whether pursuing legal action is worth your time and effort.
The Potential Value of Your Case
If you have strong grounds upon which to file legal action, you’ll need to assess whether the value of your case makes pursuing it worth your time and effort. The value of your case will hinge upon three primary factors. First, how badly were you injured? Second, how have your injuries affected your life? Third, were you partially responsible for your injurious circumstances?
If you have sustained serious injuries that have affected your life in significant ways, chances are that your case is worth a significant amount. However, any compensation award to which you’re entitled will be reduced in proportion to any percentage of fault that is assigned to you. If this reduction in likely compensation renders pursuit of legal action unworthy of your time and effort, our Anaheim car accident lawyer team will be honest with you about that reality.
Common Car Accident Injuries
While some people may leave unharmed from a car accident, others may sustain various injuries. Both drivers and passengers are susceptible to injuries during a crash. Here are the most common car accident injuries.
- Head injuries. People can sustain head injuries if they strike their head against a dashboard, steering wheel or other item during a car accident. They can also occur when someone’s head jerks back and forth suddenly. Symptoms of a head injury include dizziness, headache, nausea, loss of consciousness and blurred vision. However, some head injury victims may not experience any symptoms immediately. Head injuries can sometimes result in long-term memory problems, cognitive difficulties and personality changes.
- Knee injuries. Car accident victims may also suffer knee injuries if they hit their knees against any part of the vehicle during a collision. Knee injury symptoms include pain, swelling, stiffness, redness, instability and a popping sound. Some knee injuries can be treated with immobilization, physical therapy and rest. However, if a knee injury is very severe, surgery may be necessary.
- Lacerations. Lacerations can result from broken glass, torn sheet metal and other items hitting your skin during a collision. As an Anaheim car accident lawyer can confirm, lacerations can lead to bleeding infection, scarring and other complications. As such, it is important to seek immediate medical attention.
- Whiplash. If your head jerks back and forth suddenly during a car accident, it can strain your neck. Common symptoms of whiplash include neck pain and stiffness, dizziness and shoulder pain. If the injury is not treated promptly, it can lead to chronic neck pain.
Damages in a Car Accident Claim
If you have been hurt in a car accident, you may be entitled to receive several types of damages, including:
- Medical bills. Medical expenses are one of the easiest damages to calculate and may include emergency room visits, surgery, medications, physical therapy and doctor’s bills.
- Lost wages. If you have to take time off work to recover from your injury, you may be able to collect lost wages. If your injury is severe enough to render you disabled, you may be eligible for loss of earning capacity damages.
- Property damage. If your vehicle suffered damage in an accident, you may be reimbursed for your repair bills.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental stress that results from an injury. For instance, if you suffer a back injury that makes it difficult to sleep at night, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
Schedule a consultation with an Anaheim car accident lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC today to talk about your case.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.