Rideshare Accident Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you have been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may want to consult a rideshare accident lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have certainly made it easier to get around. However, the increase in rideshare vehicles has also increased the number of accidents on the road. Here are some common causes of rideshare accidents.
- Distracted driving. Just like all other drivers, Uber and Lyft drivers can give into distractions while behind the wheel. From using their app to find passengers to eating and talking to passengers, ridesharing drivers face quite a few distractions. Unfortunately, these distractions can take their eyes and attention off the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Speeding. Sometimes ridesharing drivers may drive above the speed limit to get their passengers to their destinations on time. However, speeding is very dangerous and has caused my rideshare accidents. When drivers speed, they have less time to react to hazards on the road and are more likely to get into a collision.
- Navigating unfamiliar roads. It’s not uncommon for ridesharing drivers to drive in unfamiliar areas to pick up passengers. When drivers aren’t familiar with the roads, they may lose confidence and drive slower or make sudden turns. As an Anaheim rideshare accident can confirm, this is one of the most common causes of rideshare accidents.
- Driver fatigue. Some Uber and Lyft drivers spend long hours on the road to make ends meet. Unfortunately, however, all of that driving can eventually take its toll. Drivers may become exhausted and have trouble concentrating on the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Although Uber and Lyft drivers are expected to maintain their vehicles, not all of them do. If they neglect maintenance on their vehicles, they may be more likely to get into an accident because of brake malfunctions or other issues.
- Failure to obey traffic laws. Uber and Lyft drivers are obligated to follow the same traffic laws as all other drivers. Not all of them do, unfortunately. Some may fail to make complete stops at stop signs, neglect to make turn signals or tailgate. All of these actions can increase the risk of an accident.
What to Do After a Ridesharing Accident
If you were involved in a ridesharing accident, your first step is to contact the police so that they can make a report of the accident. Then, seek medical care. Even if you feel fine initially, you could still have serious injuries that should be evaluated by a doctor.
Then, consult an experienced lawyer about your case. Ridesharing accident cases can be complex, so it is important to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side.
Schedule a meeting with an Anaheim rideshare accident lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.