Anaheim Car Accident Lawyer
JSM Injury Firm APC is a Personal Injury Law Firm that Specializes in Car Accident Cases
With millions of dollars settled for our satisfied clients, JSM Injury Firm APC is your best choice for a car accident lawyer in Anaheim.
Car Accident Lawyer in Anaheim that Work on a Contingency Basis
This means we don’t get paid unless you receive a car accident settlement or verdict. Our Anaheim car accident lawyer is your perfect choice when the unthinkable happens.
Car Accident Lawyer with Years of Litigation Experience
Our car accident lawyer in Anaheim has litigation experience. This means you will get the best possible help when filing your insurance claims. Some insurance companies may throw challenges just to avoid payment. With JSM Injury Firm APC, that won’t be a problem for you.
Giving Back to the Community by Providing Our Anaheim Residents Superior Legal Protection from Injury Is Our Guiding Principle
Why Choose Us as Your Car Accident Attorney in Anaheim?
An Anaheim car accident attorney from JSM Injury Firm APC can help you understand how negligence works in cases involving car accidents. Proving negligence after a car accident can be a complicated process. It often means matching the events leading up to the accident with California laws on negligence and liability, which can be confusing and stressful. A car accident attorney at JSM Injury Firm APC can assist in the following ways:
Investigating the accident to identify the negligent parties
Gathering evidence and coordinating with witnesses to prove negligence
Negotiating to obtain the full value of your compensable injuries and losses
Filing a claim or lawsuit with supporting evidence showing why you are eligible for compensation
If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, speak with a car accident attorney at JSM Injury Firm APC. We can review the details of your case and let you know if you have a strong compensation case. We know the laws surrounding car accidents and can help you understand your rights during this process.
Our Expertise in Car Accidents Covers The Following Situations
In California, if you are injured in a car accident resulting from the negligence of another party, you can seek compensation for your losses by filing a claim to collect from their insurance company. You may also file a lawsuit and seek damages in court if the negligent party does not have insurance or if their insurer will not offer a fair settlement. Fortunately, your car accident lawyer in Anaheim can support victims related to car accidents.
Common Car Accident Causes in Anaheim
A car accident is the last thing any driver wants to experience. Car accidents can happen on any type of road or highway, and collisions can be caused by many factors, including, but not limited to:
When drivers are distracted, they often fail to pay attention to the road or surrounding cars. This can lead to dangerous decisions that cause car accidents.
Driving Under the Influence
Alcohol impairment causes many deaths per year and many more injuries. When a driver consumes too much alcohol and gets behind the wheel, it puts themselves and everyone else on the road at risk of a car accident.
Speeding and Reckless Driving
If an individual drives too fast for current traffic conditions or fails to adjust their speed when conditions change, it can lead to hazardous situations for other drivers on the road. Reckless driving is illegal in all 50 states, but drivers often get behind the wheel of a car while impaired and engage in reckless behavior.
If one or more drivers engage in intimidation tactics or perform other risky maneuvers because they are angry, it can lead to dangerous situations that put other drivers’ lives at risk. When a driver deliberately attempts to harm another person with their car, it’s a form of aggressive driving and a crime.
Damages in a Car Accident Claim
Compensation in personal injury claims is called damages. One is called special damages and the other is called general damages. Furthermore, in rare cases, you may also be entitled to punitive damages
Our Client Feedback
Anaheim Car Accident Lawyer FAQs
Car accidents can be a traumatic and confusing experience, leaving you with a lot of questions for an Anaheim, CA car accident lawyer to answer. If you’re involved in an accident, it’s important to understand your rights and when you should consider getting a lawyer involved. Check out five of the most common questions about car accidents and when to get a lawyer involved below, and then contact an attorney at JSM Injury Firm APC for help.
What are the steps I should take after being a victim of a car accident?
Take the following steps after a car accident to ensure your legal rights are protected:
- Get to a safe spot away from traffic, check yourself and any passengers for injuries, and call the police to report the accident.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses and make sure they stay at the scene to give their details to law enforcement officials. Law enforcement officials are responsible for investigating car accidents.
- Get the other driver’s name, address, license number, and insurance information. Avoid making any statements to witnesses or other individuals involved in the accident that may suggest you are responsible for the accident occurring.
- Get medical attention immediately for any injuries. You may have injuries you are not aware of, so it’s important to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Take photos of your car accident scene and vehicle damage to ensure you have proof of the car accident for your insurance company and later in court.
- Do not speak with the insurance company without a car accident lawyer present. Always consult an experienced car accident attorney at a reputable law firm, like JSM Injury Firm APC.
What Information Should You Bring to Your Car Accident Lawyer?
Your Anaheim car accident attorney will request certain information relating to your car accident case when you first meet with them. It’s a good idea to bring the police report, if there is one available. If there is no police report, ask witnesses for their contact information so you can speak with them later when you have an attorney handling your case. Bring any photos or other evidence showing the scene of the accident and your injuries after a car accident. You should also bring any relevant medical records from the hospital or clinic where you were treated after the car accident. Your attorney may also ask for the following information:
- Basic personal information, including your full name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
- Details about the car accident, including where it happened and how severe the car accident was.
- The full names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses to the car accident.
- Details about the other party, including their full name, address, phone number, and insurance information if possible.
- The name of the insurance company and policy number for your vehicle.
- Your car accident lawyer will also need to know more about your medical history, including any previous injuries.
- If you were not given an accident report number by the police at the scene of the accident, bring your driver’s license and a copy of any traffic citations if you were cited for a violation.
Why Do I need to Speak to an Anaheim Car Accident Attorney Before Talking to the Insurance Company?
- The insurance company will try to trick you into settling for less than your claim may be worth.
- The insurance company will attempt to settle your auto accident case for as little money as possible by offering you a low ball settlement or wrongfully denying the claim altogether.
- The insurance adjuster will ask questions that aim to get you in a position where they can accuse you of lying. The insurance adjusters do this by making it look like your answers are inconsistent with what you have already told them.
- The insurance company adjuster will ask you questions about your injuries and damages that could be used to make it look like you are lying in court.
How Much Will I Pay My Car Accident Attorney in Anaheim When I Hire Their Services?
In the case of a car accident Anaheim lawyer from JSM Injury Firm, you pay zero upfront! The contingency fee system serves to ensure our clients do not take on an additional financial risk by hiring us to represent them. We only accept payment if we successfully recover compensation for you first. If you do not get paid, we do not get paid. This incentivizes us to provide you with the strongest representation possible.
What if the Accident Was My Fault?
In some cases, even if you were at fault, you may still be able to file a personal injury claim against another driver if the other driver was negligent in their actions. If the other driver was distracted or recklessly driving, for example, you could potentially recover damages for any medical bills, property damage, lost wages, or other costs associated with the accident. The amount you can recover will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you.