Truck Accident Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you sustained injuries in a truck accident, you may want to discuss your case with a truck accident lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other damages. A lawyer can help you hold all the liable parties accountable.
Exploring Your Legal Options After a Truck Accident
Although you’re likely not feeling well enough to speak with our Anaheim, CA truck accident lawyer team quite yet, it’s important that you do so as quickly as you possibly can. The minute that your truck accident occurred, evidence that could potentially make or break your case was exposed to air, light, and time. Some of it may already be lost. It is vitally important that even if you’re not yet ready to make significant decisions about your legal rights and options, you need to take the time to connect with JSM Injury Firm APC to alert us to your situation. Once you do, we can begin aggressively advocating on behalf of your interests, regardless of whether you’re ready to move forward with legal action or not.
It’s also important to understand that some of the opportunities for legal and financial recourse that may be available to you are likely very time-sensitive. California permits injury victims a significant amount of time to file a lawsuit. However, the workers’ compensation system doesn’t allow eligible employees more than a few days to take certain critically important steps in service of securing workers’ compensation benefits. Therefore, if your crash was work-related, you’ll need to speak with our Anaheim truck accident lawyer team right away to begin drafting your workers’ comp benefits application. Otherwise, you could be barred from receiving compensation that is otherwise rightfully yours.
Finally, it’s important to connect with our team before insurance representatives start calling you incessantly. Oftentimes, insurance claims adjusters spring into action as quickly as they can in the wake of an accident. They hope to catch injury victims – who are not yet represented by an attorney – off guard. They ask them questions that they either may not know the answer to or that they might answer in a way that is unintentionally incriminating. As a result of these interactions, insurance company representatives often find ways to pay truck accident injury victims far less than they deserve. By connecting with our firm right away, we can field these calls on your behalf and handle them efficiently and effectively so that you can focus your energy on healing… not on fighting insurance companies for a fairly-valued compensation award.
You understand that you need to speak with a lawyer about your options, even if you’re not yet ready to commit to legal action. What can you expect from a consultation with the JSM Injury Firm APC team? We will both strive to understand your situation and encourage you to ask questions. The overarching goal of your consultation session will be that you’re empowered to walk out of our offices (or step away from the phone) confident in your ability to make informed choices about your legal options. We provide a pressure-free, confidential consultation environment so that all truck accident injury victims feel welcome when exploring their rights and options under the law. If you haven’t yet scheduled a risk-free consultation with our Anaheim truck accident lawyer team, please do so now. We look forward to speaking with you.
Common Causes of Truck Driver Fatigue
Driver fatigue is one of the most common causes of truck accidents in California. When truck drivers haven’t gotten enough sleep, they may be more likely to cause a collision. Here are the most common causes of truck driver fatigue.
- Driving for too many hours. Although federal regulations prohibit truck drivers for driving too many hours in a row, not all of them follow this rule. They are often under a lot of pressure to deliver goods by deadline and may work overtime to meet their deadline. Unfortunately, driving for multiple hours uninterrupted can take a toll after a while. Truck drivers may become fatigued and less focused on the road ahead.
- Driving at late hours. Many truck drivers are on the road in the middle of the night. During these hours, the body naturally gets tired. As such, truck drivers who drive late may be more likely to get drowsy and have a higher chance of getting into an accident.
- Taking medications. Some truck drivers may take certain medications that make them drowsy, such as allergy medications and sleeping pills. As an Anaheim truck accident lawyer can confirm, this can increase the risk of an accident.
- Sleep disorders. There are certain sleep disorders, like sleep apnea, that can make truck drivers fall asleep behind the wheel. If they do not get treatment for sleep apnea, drivers can endanger others on the road.
Consequences of Truck Driver Fatigue
Truck drivers who are fatigued behind the wheel can cause many problems. Here are some of the effects of truck driver fatigue.
- Lower reflexes. Truck drivers have to have sharp reflexes to react to hazards, such as swerving vehicles and animals on the road. If they are running on little sleep, they may not have the reflexes to quickly react and get into an accident.
- Less focus. When truck drivers are fatigued, they may also have more difficulty concentrating on that road. They might not be able to pay attention to what is going on around them and increase the chances of a collision.
- Difficulty making quick decisions. Sometimes truck drivers are required to make swift decisions on the road. For example, they may need to quickly change lanes a couple miles before an exit. A drowsy truck driver may forget that he or she has to change lanes until the last minute. If the driver does not allow enough space to change lanes, it can cause an accident.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, you may want to schedule a consultation with an Anaheim truck accident lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.