Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident, you may want to speak with a pedestrian accident lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party.
Legal Responses to an Injurious Pedestrian Accident
It’s important to speak with an experienced Anaheim, CA pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as you can after suffering harm as a result of an injurious pedestrian accident. Injured pedestrian accidents are often entitled to significant compensation as a result of their circumstances, but securing that compensation isn’t always a straightforward process. By connecting with the dedicated legal team at JSM Injury Firm APC as quickly as you can, you’ll place yourself in the best possible position to have your legal options preserved and your rights as an injury victim protected “from go.”
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Depending upon the circumstances that led to your crash, you may be in strong position to pursue multiple kinds of compensation. For example, if you were engaged in work-related activities at the time you were struck, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Both documented and undocumented workers are entitled to these benefits in California. And as workers’ comp isn’t a fault-based system, it usually isn’t too difficult to secure rightful compensation in the event that a worker is both eligible for coverage and was harmed while engaging in work-related activity.
With that said, applying for these benefits is a very time-sensitive process, so it’s imperative that you speak with a trusted Anaheim pedestrian accident lawyer without delay if you may be entitled to this form of compensation.
Personal Injury Damages
If another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally dangerous conduct directly contributed to the cause or causes of your harm, you may also be in a strong position to file a lawsuit against that responsible party. You may be able to name an inattentive motorist as a defendant, a cyclist, a truck operator, or even a manufacturer of defective scooter parts. The party or parties you’ll name as defendants in your lawsuit will depend upon exactly what caused your crash and who may be held legally liable for the injuries that resulted from it.
Partial Liability Concerns
All too often, injured pedestrians shy away from scheduling a risk-free consultation with the compassionate team at JSM Injury Firm APC because they’re concerned that they did something that led to their own harm. It’s vitally important to understand that, in California, injured pedestrians remain empowered to sue others for damages even if they were also responsible for what happened to them to a degree. While many other states bar pedestrians from pursuing legal and financial recourse if they were partially to blame for their own harm, California doesn’t.
So, if you’ve been hesitating to explore your legal options due to concerns about partial fault or liability, don’t wait any longer to seek personalized legal guidance and support. Connect with our Anaheim pedestrian accident lawyer team today. Once we understand the ins and outs of your unique circumstances, we can provide you with personalized feedback and assistance. We will never pressure you to take action. We’ll only work to ensure that you can make whatever informed decisions are best for you and your family at this time. We look forward to speaking with you.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
In warm and sunny California, you see many people out walking. While walking can be enjoyable and provide great exercise, it can also be dangerous with all the vehicles on the road. Many pedestrians are injured in accidents involving vehicles every year. Here are the most common causes of pedestrian accidents.
- Left turns. As drivers make left-hand turns, they have to navigate the other lane of traffic, so they tend to focus their eyes on other cars. They may not look out for pedestrians. As a result, they may hit pedestrians crossing the street.
- Dark clothes. Pedestrians should make themselves as visible as possible to drivers, especially at night. If they wear dark clothes in the dark, drivers may have a hard time seeing them. Try to wear bright clothes so that drivers can see you better. It may also be a good idea to carry a flashlight when you walk at night.
- Unmarked crosswalks. Crosswalks are essential for pedestrians. They alert drivers that pedestrians may be near. However, some pedestrian crossings aren’t marked. Pedestrians who walk on unmarked crosswalks have a higher chance of getting hit by a vehicle.
- Poor weather conditions. As an Anaheim pedestrian accident lawyer can confirm, poor weather conditions can also result in pedestrian accidents. For example, if the roads are wet from rain, a pedestrian could fall into the path of an oncoming vehicle. Likewise, if the visibility is poor due to rain, drivers may not be able to see pedestrians crossing and hit them.
- Distractions. Both drivers and pedestrians can give into distractions. Unfortunately, this can increase the chance of an accident. For example, if a driver is busy texting or changing stations on the radio station, he or she may not notice a pedestrian crossing the street. Likewise, if a pedestrian is texting or listening to music while crossing the street, he or she can get hit by a car.
- Jaywalking. Jaywalking refers to crossing a road outside a crosswalk. When pedestrians walk outside of crosswalks, they are required to yield to drivers. Unfortunately, not all of them do this and get hit because of it. Pedestrians who cause an accident by jaywalking may not be entitled to compensation.
- Speeding. Drivers who drive above the speed limit can put other drivers and pedestrians in danger. They may not have enough time to react to pedestrians crossing the street and hit them.
- Drunk driving. The dangers of drunk driving are well-known, but some drivers still get behind the wheel intoxicated. This can affect their judgment and reaction times, increasing the risk of a pedestrian accident.
If you sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, schedule a consultation with an Anaheim pedestrian accident lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.