Personal Injury Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you were injured in an accident caused by another party, you may want to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent parties.
How Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Work?
If you’ve been injured as a result of another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally dangerous conduct, it’s time to speak with an experienced Anaheim, CA personal injury lawyer about your legal options. Depending upon the unique nature of your circumstances, you may be entitled to recover a significant compensation award as a result of the harm you’ve suffered.
If you’re unsure of how the personal injury lawsuit process works, that’s okay. The knowledgeable legal team at JSM Injury Firm APC can assist you with every step. In fact, we can do far more than assist you. We can handle the legal “heavy lifting” associated with your case so that you can focus on processing the trauma you’ve suffered and healing from your injuries.
Investigation and Initial Determinations
Before our Anaheim personal injury lawyer team can file a lawsuit on your behalf, we’ll need to investigate the circumstances that led to your harm. By understanding exactly what happened to you, we’ll be able to determine who may and who may not be held legally accountable for the harm you’ve suffered. If it turns out that you have strong grounds upon which to file a lawsuit, we’ll advise you of this reality and leave the decision to file legal action (or not) up to you. Chances are that you’ll have strong grounds upon which to pursue compensation if another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally dangerous conduct directly caused or directly contributed to the cause(s) of your harm.
If you opt to file a lawsuit, we’ll do what we can to secure a favorable settlement out of court. More than nine out of every 10 personal lawsuits filed in the U.S. are settled before they ever need to be decided by a judge or jury. If we can secure a favorable settlement on your behalf, you’ll be spared the stress of a courtroom “battle.” But if taking your case all the way to court proves to be the best way to get you the compensation you deserve, the team at JSM Injury Firm APC will be prepared to make that effort as successfully as possible under the circumstances.
Protecting Your Interests
If you choose to pursue legal action as a result of the harm you’ve suffered, it will be very important that you take a few proactive steps to protect your interests until your case is fully resolved. Working with an experienced Anaheim personal injury lawyer will help to ensure that you’re benefiting from professional guidance at every step along the way. Make sure that you’re taking full advantage of that relationship. If you have questions about your situation, ask! If an insurance representative calls you, refer them to your attorney instead of handling the call yourself. At every turn, make sure that your attorney knows what’s going on so that they can represent you to their fullest capacity.
Additionally, either stay off of social media or take great care when engaging on social media from now on. Insurance representatives and counsel for the other side may use anything you do on social media against you. Don’t give them an excuse to undermine the strength of your case.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Personal Injury Case
If you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident, car crash or other accident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve to be fairly compensated. However, you must take the proper steps going forward and avoid making certain errors that could harm your case.
Here are a few common mistakes to avoid in your personal injury case.
- Neglecting to document evidence. A personal injury case is nothing without evidence. You must prove that another party caused your accident and you suffered harm because of it. For instance, if you were in a car accident, you may want to obtain a copy of the police report, take photos of the accident scene and talk to witnesses.
- Making unnecessary statements. When you’re in the middle of a personal injury case, it’s best to say as little as possible. For example, you should never say you’re sorry after an accident, even if you think you’re partially to blame. Additionally, you should avoid posting information about your case on social media, as the defense may try to use that as evidence against you.
- Not hiring a lawyer. If you’re injured and want to file a claim, it’s essential to have an Anaheim personal injury lawyer on your side. An experienced lawyer will know the true value of your case and help you go after the compensation you deserve. He or she will help you build a strong case and handle the negotiations with the insurance company.
- Delaying medical care. Some people avoid medical care right after an accident because they feel fine. This can be detrimental to your health and injury claim. Just because you might not feel pain initially, doesn’t mean that you’re not injured. Some injuries, like whiplash and concussions, may not always show symptoms right away. It’s important to have a doctor evaluate your injuries promptly and then recommend the proper treatment. Be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations and don’t stop your treatment prematurely.
- Accepting an early settlement. Many accident victims are tempted to accept an early settlement from the insurance company. After all, they have medical bills piling up and aren’t sure when they can return to work. However, accepting the first settlement offer generally isn’t a good idea. The insurance company doesn’t have your best interests in mind and will likely offer you the lowest possible amount. Don’t accept an offer until you’ve discussed it with your lawyer.
If you were hurt in an accident, schedule a consultation with an Anaheim personal injury lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC to discuss your case in detail.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.