Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may want to get in touch with a motorcycle accident lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Your Rights as a Motorcycle Accident Victim
As an experienced Anaheim, CA motorcycle accident lawyer at JSM Injury Firm APC can explain in more personalized detail during a free consultation, as a motorcycle accident injury victim, you have rights and options available to you under the law. If you suffered injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident that took place in California, you’re in a position to benefit from some of the most generous legal protections extended to accident injury victims throughout the United States.
Unlike most states, California honors a legal theory known as pure comparative negligence. This means that, even if you were partially to blame for your injurious motorcycle accident, you remain entitled to pursue damages from any other party – individual, company, or even a government agency – whose negligent, reckless, or intentionally dangerous conduct directly led to your harm. Meaning, you could be anywhere from 1% to 99% responsible for your injurious circumstances and the state of California will not infringe upon your right to seek compensation from any other party that contributed to the cause(s) of your harm as well.
This approach is very different from the two other approaches embraced by the majority of states across the U.S. Most other states either prohibit injury victims from pursuing compensation if they were partially responsible for their own harm or they cap the ability of injury victims to pursue compensation in favor of victims who are 49% or less at fault for their own injurious circumstances. In short, getting injured in California means that you have more rights as a motorcycle accident victim than you would had you gotten hurt in virtually any other state in the Union.
Is Pursuing Legal Action Worth Your Time and Effort?
With that said, it is important to speak with an experienced Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer about the strengths, weaknesses, and overall value of your case before committing to filing legal action. There are circumstances under which it simply isn’t worth a victim’s time, energy, and resources to pursue damages from other responsible parties.
How could this be? If it is determined that you’re partially responsible for your motorcycle accident, your compensation award will be reduced in direct proportion to the percentage of fault that has been assigned to you. Say, for example, that the value of your harm is valued at $1 million and you’ve been assigned 90% of the blame for your injurious circumstances. Enlisting the help of the dedicated legal team at JSM Injury Firm APC may be worth your time and effort, as a winning case would net you the remaining $100,000 that you aren’t responsible for yourself. However, if your harm is valued at $100,000 and you’ve been assigned 90% of the blame, it may not be worth your time and effort to pursue a $10,000 judgment.
Regardless of what your circumstances are, you can rest easy knowing that our Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer team will be open, honest, and objective when assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your case so that you can make informed decisions accordingly.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists do not have the protection of a vehicle, so they are more likely to sustain catastrophic injuries in an accident. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries.
- Head injuries. If motorcyclists hit their head against the pavement or another object during an accident, they can suffer head injuries. Common symptoms of head injuries include dizziness, headaches, confusion, dizziness, nausea and loss of consciousness. Motorcyclists can reduce the severity of head injuries by always wearing a helmet.
- Road rash. Motorcyclists can slide across the pavement during an accident, which can cause road rash. The skin abrasion can cause pain, redness, infection and nerve damage. Wearing leather clothing can reduce the severity of road rash.
- Burns. During an accident, a motorcycle’s gas tank can spill, which can result in severe burns. Burns are severely painful and can lead to infection and permanent scarring. They may require skin grafts.
- Spinal cord injuries. Motorcyclists can also suffer spinal cord injuries in an accident, which can result in permanent paralysis. This is one of the most serious injuries motorcyclists can sustain in a collision.
- Biker’s arm. As an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer can confirm, motorcyclists will often throw their arms in front of them in a collision. Motorcyclists may suffer biker’s arm, which may result in nerve damage and arm paralysis. They can reduce the severity of this injury by wearing riding gloves and elbow pads.
- Broken bones. Motorcyclists are also in danger of breaking bones in their arms, legs and other body parts. Broken bones cause a lot of pain and can take a long time to recover from. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be required.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you should seek immediate medical attention. Your health is of the utmost importance. A doctor should evaluate your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. It is important to follow your doctor’s advice so that you heal properly.
Next, you should consult a motorcycle accident lawyer. If another motorist caused the accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you build a strong claim by gathering evidence and locating key witnesses. He or she will also handle the negotiation process with the insurance company. Your lawyer will know the actual value of your case and will not let the insurance company take advantage of you.
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you may want to schedule a consultation with an Anaheim motorcycle accident lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC to discuss your case in detail.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.