Brain Injury Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If you sustained a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may want to speak with a brain injury lawyer Anaheim, CA residents rely on. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you hold the liable parties accountable.
Common Brain Injury Symptoms
Brain injuries most frequently result from blows to the head or jolts. These injuries range from mild to severe and usually require some type of medical attention. Brain injuries can result in many different symptoms, including:
- Loss of consciousness
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Blurry vision
Keep in mind that not all accident victims experience these symptoms initially. They may feel fine in the beginning, but are still dealing with a brain injury. That’s why it’s important to seek immediate medical care no matter what.
Long-Term Complications of Brain Injuries
While some people can fully recover from brain injuries, others may suffer long-term complications, such as:
- Physical effects. People who sustain brain injuries may experience physical effects that negatively affect their quality of life. They may have seizures, chronic pain, sleeping disorders and trouble swallowing.
- Speech effects. Brain injury victims may also have trouble speaking clearly. They may have slurred speech or speak very slowly, which can make communication more difficult.
- Cognitive effects. A brain injury can also affect cognitive function. As an Anaheim brain injury lawyer can confirm, cognitive effects may include memory loss, impulsiveness and difficulty concentrating.
- Behavioral effects. Someone who sustains a brain injury may also experience changes to their behavior. They may become more irritable and depressed. One minute, they may feel happy and the next moment, they may begin crying.
- Loss of employability. Many people who suffer brain injuries have to miss some time off work to recover. However, some people suffer such severe brain injuries that they may never return to work. Whether due to loss of mobility or declining cognitive function, not being able to return to work can be devastating.
Damages in a Brain Injury Claim
A brain injury can affect your life in many ways, and you deserve to be compensated for that. While nothing can make up for you sustaining a brain injury, financial compensation may ease some of the burden. Here are some common damages in a brain injury claim.
- Medical bills. This includes all the doctor’s appointments, emergency care, surgery, therapy and other medical costs associated with treating your brain injury.
- Lost wages. If you have had to take some time away from work to heal from your brain injury, you may be entitled to lost wages.
- Pain suffering. These damages include both the physical and mental stress you endured from your brain injury. For instance, if you have trouble sleeping or walking due to your brain injury, you may be eligible to receive these damages.
Schedule a consultation with an Anaheim brain injury lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC to discuss your case in detail.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.