Wrongful Death Lawyer Anaheim, CA
If your family member was killed due to another party’s negligence, you may want to contact a wrongful death lawyer Anaheim, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a wrongful death claim against the negligent party.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Wrongful Death Case
Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things a person can endure. Nothing will ever make up for that loss, but obtaining compensation through a wrongful death claim can ease some of the financial burden. Here are some common mistakes to avoid in a wrongful death case.
- Speaking to the public about the death. If your loved one’s death has garnered media attention, a media organization may try to contact you for a statement. Although you may want to speak out publicly about your family member’s death, it isn’t in your best interest to do so. Remember that what you say in public can be used against you in court. In addition, you should avoid posting about your case on social media. The defense may lurk through your social media accounts to find information to devalue your claim.
- Arguing with your family. It’s understandable that your family is feeling a great deal of stress right now. Everyone’s on the edge and may argue over various matters, from funeral arrangements to estate issues. However, your Anaheim wrongful death lawyer will advise you against doing this. Fighting with your family members will just make an already difficult situation worse. Try to set aside your differences for now and focus on a solution.
- Waiting too long to file a wrongful death claim. While it’s important to take time to grieve, you can’t wait too long to pursue a wrongful death claim. In California, the statute of limitations to file a wrongful death claim is two years from the date of your family member’s death. After that deadline has passed, you are no longer eligible to receive compensation. As such, you should file your claim as soon as you can.
- Communicating with the insurance company. After your loved one’s death, the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you and ask you questions about your case. Even if they seem polite, you should give them as little information as possible about your case. They care about the bottom line first and don’t have your best interests in mind. Instead, tell them to contact your lawyer.
- Not hiring a lawyer. Even if your wrongful death claim seems straightforward, complications can arise. That’s why it’s essential to have an experienced wrongful death lawyer on your side. A lawyer will know the true value of your case and will fight hard to get your family member justice. He or she will help you gather evidence, locate witnesses and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a consultation with an Anaheim wrongful death lawyer from JSM Injury Firm APC to discuss your case in detail.
- Serious Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Bicycle Accident
Jamal carried Jamal carried my case for almost two years of hard work and dedication. Not only was he there as my attorney, but he took the time to get to know me as a person which I truly appreciated. He was kind, responsive and extremely knowledgeable. For a case that my first attorney offered 30,000 and told me to take it because that’s what I was worth, to Jamal and his team getting a total of 250,000, I am so thankful for them. This was more than just a car accident, but a life changing issue that Jamal properly fought for. I will be forever thankful.
We put our clients first, fighting for their rights in court. If you are looking for an accident lawyer or personal injury attorney, contact us today. We offer free consultations and second opinions to anyone who needs legal advice.