Anaheim Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Anaheim Spine Injury Lawyer
An Anaheim Spinal cord injury lawyer can protect your rights and claim the compensation you deserve. A spinal cord injury lawyer can help a victim understand what legal rights they have due to their traumatic experience.
Specializes in Spinal Cord Injury
When a person has a spinal cord injury, it means their spine has been seriously injured, and the damage may affect how messages are transmitted to and from the brain. The effects of a spinal cord injury vary depending on the severity of the damage. However, these are often catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical care.
How a Specialist Lawyer in Spinal Cord Injury Can Help
Many people suffer spinal cord injuries due to the carelessness of other individuals, and this is where personal injury lawyers can help the injured file a claim with the responsible party.
What You Should do When You or Your Loved One Suffers a Spinal Cord Injury
Call 949-404-4826 and speak with an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer to protect your legal rights, or click here to schedule a free consultation.
Our law firm provides the best Anaheim spinal cord injury lawyer. We offer a contingency fee system to ensure you do not take on additional financial risk by hiring us. Consult with a spinal cord injury attorney in Anaheim to understand your legal rights and how you can best protect yourself from short- and long-term financial consequences. A spinal cord injury attorney can help preserve evidence and build a case around your injuries.
The Justice on Demand System for Spinal Cord Injuries
The contingency fee system ensures our clients do not take on additional financial risk by hiring us to represent them. This incentivizes us to provide you with the strongest representation possible. We only accept payment if we successfully recover compensation for you first. If you do not get paid, we do not get paid.
A spinal cord injury can lead to lifetime medical expenses, reduced quality of life, loss of income, loss of the ability to have children, and much more. The financial costs associated with these types of accidents can be high, and an Anaheim spinal cord injury attorney is trained to help their client recover the compensation they deserve for their suffering. Personal injury law is complex, so it’s crucial to have help from an experienced professional in pursuing full and fair compensation. Call 949-404-4826 to schedule your free consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer who can explain your legal rights in detail.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury attorney can help preserve evidence and build a case around your injuries. For a spinal cord injury to have occurred, the patient had to have suffered some form of a traumatic event. While these types of accidents can happen in numerous ways, the most common include:
Steps to Take Following Spinal Cord Injuries
If someone else’s negligence has injured you, it is important to take steps to preserve your ability to make a strong case for compensation. Therefore, spinal cord injury victims involved in a back injury accident should do the following:
Anaheim Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer FAQs
We have wide experience in dealing with spinal cord injuries. Here are five of the top questions about spinal cord injuries asked by our clients:
What strategies did the responsible party use to minimize my insurance liability claim?
Attempting to navigate the legal process with a spinal cord injury can be tricky. The responsible party, through insurance companies and defense lawyers, will do whatever they can to minimize your claim. They will do this by using one or a combination of the following strategies:
- Argue that you are the one at fault.
- Argue that you are partly at fault.
- Argue the extent of your injuries.
- Argue the reasonableness of your treatment or medical bills.
- Delay your case.
We can help you deal with all these problems successfully. We have dealt with most major insurance carriers that might be involved in your case. We have effectively obtained fair compensation for our clients involved in car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, or other types of personal injury.
What compensation is available for spinal cord injury victims?
There are two types of compensation available for spinal cord injury victims:
Special damages are one of the two main types of compensation available in a spinal cord injury case. These damages relate to economic losses caused by a spinal cord injury. This includes:
- The cost of all the medical treatment received before your spinal cord injury settlement is calculated.
- The cost of anticipated future medical care and treatment related to a spinal injury.
- The amount of money you would have earned had the spinal cord injury not occurred. This may be offset by any income you receive from a government program, such as Social Security Disability.
- The extent to which the spinal cord injury has diminished your ability to work.
- The cost of any care you need to continue living independently.
- Accidents involving spinal cord injuries can cause significant property damage, such as the destruction of a vehicle or your home.
- Spinal cord injuries can cause significant disabilities, such as impaired sensation, paralysis, or pain. Living with these disabilities can cause cost needs.
- The death of a loved one can cause financial hardships that are compensable under spinal cord injury claims.
The other main type of compensation is called general damages, which provide non-economic compensation to spinal cord injury victims for past and future:
- This may include physical pain you experience now or that might develop in the future due to your spinal injury.
- This may include anxiety and depression, often accompanying a spinal cord injury.
- Serious spinal cord injury can be life-changing and substantially hamper your ability to participate in regular social and recreational activities.
- If you require surgery after a spinal cord injury, the scars are considered permanent and can result in disfigurement.
- Spinal cord injury can damage your ability to perform sexual acts.
- Spinal cord injuries can result in permanent or temporary loss of physical function.
- You may need to adjust your daily activities and living arrangements, which can significantly inconvenience you or your family.
- Spinal cord injuries forever diminish your ability to maintain privacy in many areas.
- Associated with the death of a loved one in wrongful death spinal cord injury cases.
What treatment options are available for back injury cases?
Just as there are many possible causes of a back injury, many options are available for treatment. Treatment options depend on the severity of the injury. They may include physical therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture/acupressure treatments, and surgery to fuse the injured vertebrae together. Hence, they heal properly and do not affect other parts of the body and other options.
The best treatment option depends on your situation and a professional opinion from a healthcare provider specializing in back injuries, such as an orthopedic surgeon. The longer you wait to do this, the longer it will take to heal and the greater your chances of developing a chronic back injury. This is why medical evaluation should be sought immediately to ensure you are receiving proper treatment.
What are the types of injuries that qualify as spinal cord injuries?
There are two main types of spinal cord injuries:
- In a complete spinal cord injury, the victim is paralyzed from the neck down. A complete injury refers to an injury in which both sensory and motor functions below the site of the lesion on the spinal cord are absent, and no voluntary action is possible. Spinal cord injury attorneys are familiar with this type of injury because it is a common type of spinal cord injury.
- Incomplete spinal cord injuries are less severe than complete ones but still lead to significant loss of function. For example, the victim may still have some leg sensation in incomplete injuries.
Why should I hire JSM Injury firm as my Anaheim spinal cord injury lawyer?
We handle cases that involve severe injuries. Spinal cord injuries are among the most common injuries associated with car accidents, slips, falls, or workplace accidents. The expenses related to a spinal cord injury can quickly accumulate. We understand that your primary concern after a spinal cord injury is medical treatment, and your primary objective is to recover as soon as possible fully. We can handle all legal issues surrounding your spinal cord injury accident.
Our law firm does not charge you for an initial consultation, no matter how long it takes. We also work on a contingency basis – meaning there are no upfront costs involved with hiring us. If we recover spinal cord injury compensation for you, we charge a percentage of the final settlement. There are no hidden fees and no surprises.